Gap Year Concept Gaining Popularity for Students Here
For many high school seniors, those able to pursue higher education, the fall will bring a whole new environment as they populate the campuses of colleges and universities and take the first real steps toward a career. But thousands of students--and the number is growing-- will hit the pause button on their academic pursuits and take what is known as a gap year.
- Kari Semel, DePaul University Student
- Joseph O'Shea, Ph.D., Author, "Gap Year: How Delaying College Changes People in Ways the World Needs"
- Lee Friedman, CEO, College Now Greater Cleveland
- Ethan Knight, Executive Director, American Gap Association
- Phillip Robinson, Executive Director, City Year Cleveland